New Guitar Student...

I took on a new guitar student and gave his first lesson last night. One thing I really focused on in our first lesson was posture. While I don't believe my carpal tunnel problems were caused by playing the guitar, I am more aware now about the effects of tension in the arms and hands while playing. Immediate fatigue is one thing but the long term effects can more harmful and leave one drastically impaired. As a result the student told me today that my lesson was the first one (out of many in the past) he felt gave him any sense on how to hold the guitar. He felt more comfortable and capable to play the guitar than in past lessons. I am so pleased. Learning an instrument can be both rewarding and frustrating. The former usually out ways the latter.

On to studio news: I've been working on compiling tracks to send to a licensing company. The trick for me is always deciding on which tracks to include. They are asking for two. Now which two? Not much work as been done on the Evans City Historical Society DVD; but I have been listening to what I have so far and charting out what needs to be done. WW2 and post WW2 music is what I know definitely needs written. Which means my first crack at writing big band music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Microsoft Surface Video...