Full Day in New Studio/Office

Yesterday was a day off from the University and a day home in the new studio/office. This was the first full day in the new studio/office. I have noticed being on the main floor of the house meant more coffee consumed during hours spent in the studio/office than normal. HHMMM I think there is a correlation there. :-) Most of the hours were spent working on an arrangement of music for the Library at the University. However it proved too difficult a task for the amount of time I have. During that same time period I have to produce a video showing off the Microsoft Surface installation in our "Declaring Independence" exhibit at the Harrison Institute. I spent the morning putting together the monitoring system and loading some more software on the computer. Mostly yesterday was trying to figure and configure which ever DAW system I was going to use. I have an older Cakewalk Plasma DAW, but it doens't support VSTi's; I also have the latest Reaper DAW. Reaper crashed serveral times on me which lead to me not wanting to use it. I have the whole day was frustrating in that I couldn't get VSTi's to work with hardware consistantly. I actually was thinking of chucking the whole virtual synth stuff and use my vintage gear and record digital audio with FX in the box. I realize that may be limiting but less frustrating. I did record a few tracks in Plasma before running into a problem with it allowing me to record audio on a 4th track. Very strange! All of this will have to wait till after Thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"