Whew! Busy last couple of weeks!

The Living Dead Festival 2009 really grew this year. They were however plagued by rain all week so arrangements for performances had to change. The crowds were smaller than expected; but the ones who came were big fans of the movie. One of my favorite parts was the exhibit by Andrew who has collected NOFLD for over 20 years. Probably the best moment for me was a conversation with Russ Streiner who was of course Johnny in Night of the Living Dead but was also the films producer. He and I talked about me getting in touch with student and indie film makers to provide free licensed music for films. He and I along with Jack Russo will be discussing in the coming months how best to work with their students at DuBois college Film making course to deliver fresh original soundtrack music for their works. If you are or know someone who is looking for original music for soundtracks for a film please contact me. I am willing to wave licensing fees!

There are 2 new projects that just got put on the calender for me. The first is producing a 2 minute short video demo of the Microsoft Surface unit in the Declaring Independence exhibit at the UVa Special Collections Library. I'll be producing the film as well as the sound design. I also have been asked if I could record an arrangement of "a laventure" which is part of a song book that resides at the Special Collections archive at UVa. The piece of music was recently scanned and digitized. The library would like a audio sample of the piece to put online. We'll see if I can do it. I only have 3 weeks and half of next week is taken up with Thanksgiving and travel.

I have a NEW studio space. It's a new space and a new computer! I love the new space and should be producing out of it very soon.

Pictures of the 2009 Living Dead Festival and the new studio space are coming soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"