Licensing though Jingle Punks

I heard from Jingle Punks yesterday. I'm in! I'm really excited and look forward to working with them. I am also excited about finally having my ASCAP membership do something for me. Up until know the biggest thing that my membership provided was a card to use as a scraper for my car wind sheild when it would ice up in the winter. Just kidding ASCAP. It's not their fault. I just didn't have a reason to send stuff to get protected under a PRO before. Jingle Punks is a young company. Young but growing. I feel like I won't just be lost in the shuffle of artists.

Last week was our vacation back up North. We visited with family, drank beer, played cards and made some great salsa! Oh yes! Once you make fresh salsa you will never go back to stuff in a jar again.
OK back to work. A lot to catch up on!

Comments

  1. any licenses with them since you got accepted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you make the same songs available on Music Dealers and Jingle Punks?

    Is it a problem if both websites submit the same song to the same client?

    Cool music.. I like Depeche.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both companies have roughly the same songs. Usually with clients they go to a specific catalog and pull from there the song that works the best. So the company would be going to one company OR the other. If someone used a track with out going through a licensing company, then they would dealing ASCAP directly. As a member I would receive writer royalties according to ASCAP rules.ASCAP would then receive publisher royalties as opposed to Jingle Punks or Music Dealers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"