Les Paul...

I know I am going to one of many writing about Les today. My Father turned me on to Les Paul and all that he did for recording. I took that initial introduction and ran with it. I wrote papers on Lester and listened to hours and hours of recordings of interviews and studio sessions. When I could buy my first electric I bought a Les Paul copy. Almost immediately after hearing Les talk about playing with the phase of the pickups I took screw driver to pickup and flipped the neck pick up around. When played with the rear I got a totally different sound than any one else my age. His influence didn't end with the guitar. With only a 2 track reel to reel tape recorder I used his techniques to do sound on sound recording in my bedroom. His desire to explore new sonic territory will be his lasting influence on me.

Les Paul will be greatly missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"