Last night's master review session...


Last night's session in the studio mainly focused on determining what would be sent to Jingle Punks to be licensed. I had a pretty good idea, but needed to go back and listen to the actual session recordings. There were a few surprises like tracks muted because they didn't fit the original idea feel, but may work as an underscore for someone else. There was a lot of "Why the hell did I mute that? That sounds great?" There were plenty of "Why did I label that session that way?" There were a lot of "I gotta create a better system for labeling sessions!" There was even a session that I completely forgot about that was a great piece of music. I tried to stay away from mixing or re-mastering last night. It was tough. I did end up tweaking some stuff and even laying down a timpani roll. For the most part I just listened. At the end of the night I wasn't very tired so I fiddled with a vsti string rompler to compare it to Logic's samples for the EXS24. Not bad. I like the easy set up to divide the keyboard and the best thing? Glissando FX! Sweet if you love to write thriller/horror themes! :-)
I now have a list of titles I want to master and send off to Jingle Punks. I'm planning on a weekend session to do the mastering. Tough thing is there are a lot of "around the house" things that need done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"