Silverlight media creation

I spent much of today creating media to be played in a Silverlight player for the latest interactive kiosk in the Harrison Institute main gallery. This is v.2 of the kiosk. The aim of this version was to create a full screen player with a playlist that a user could navigate easily by touch. While Windows Media Player has big buttons for touch screens; the playlist is a little too tight for navigation by finger. Silverlight has some great tools built in that allow for large easy to navigate playlists. I also decided that I wanted some movment on the screen, but something that wouldn't seem out of place or distract the listener. I decided to create little movies based on slideshows using the cover art of the CD that the music was pulled from. Using the latest Windows Movie Maker software I created a neat little slidshow with fades and title FX. The slideshow was then imported into Expression Encoder 4 as many times as there were tracks. Then using the overlay feature each song video I added the audio track from the CD. I then edited the video to end with the song. Each track on the playlist was pulling the default meta data from the single video file, so each track in the playlist was named the same thing. I edited the meta-data for each track by adding the name of the track. Once all the above was completed I encoded the project as a single player with a 15 song playlist with accompaning video slideshow. I'll be adding the player to the kiosk tomorrow. Then moving on to version 3. This will be Mac Mini hardware running Windows 7 with the same set up as the current main exhibit interactive installation.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. . . . .wow. . . . .great posting!and i am indeed a kid,but blogs are awesome!!they are my ... . . . . .well,i cant exactly find the right word,but,you probably get it.=D=D(<-lol face)i especialy like your songs,but so far of the ones i've read. . . . .probably moonlit bits(or tooling around,that's awesome too!).totally cool.i never realized that you did that kind of stuff.it's great!!!

    (im doing this for fun)
    -Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot to tell you,im totally a follo- you already know because you see me in followers. . . . . .duh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no.acully my favs are 1.Lux Atrum and 2.tooling around.3.unknown yet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"