Working on new multi-touch applications

Last week and this week have been centered on the creation of interactive touch computer programs. For the University Library I've been working on a plan to use moble devices and Microsoft tagging software to create an augmented experience in our exhibit galleries at the Special Collections Library. I'm also working on multi-touch based programs that would allow visitors to explore interactive maps and other learning programs centered on the archeological research that was done at the Flowerdew Hundred farm in Virginia.
I have also been working on multi-touch software that would aid in the teaching of children with learning struggles. My wife and I homeschool our children and are always looking for new and exciting learning tools. NUI designs are actually an easy choice for children that require a tactile approach to learning. The hands on learning that can be achieved through touch computing combines both tactile learning and computer aided learning.
I've decided to use the new Surface runtime that was realeased by Microsoft for the Windows 7 OS as well as the latest C# Express 2010. using the ScatterView and Surface paint tools I'm attempting to have something assembled in the coming months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"