Microsoft Surface, Dead Computer, No Music, No Time...

This week as been mostly dominated by computerizing in one form or another. My current projects are surrounding phase II of application development for the Microsoft Surface unit in the “Declaring Independence” exhibit at the Albert and Shirley Small Special Collection Library at the University of Virginia. I've been writing code all week. I am also writing and producing a small video about the use of Surface at the University Library. I will also be providing the music.
Speaking of music; music production has come to a halt since the studio computer has decided that it didn’t like one of its hard drives. This is at a time when I was all set to finish the latest compilation of music to send to Jingle Punks as well as start to assemble CD for release online through iTunes and other online distribution. That’s the way it goes sometimes. So this weekend will be a continuation of computerizing by reformatting hard drives and reloading software, as well as possible resurrection of my wife’s computer that has been sitting idle in the basement waiting for someone (like me) to give it life once again. Since we moved to Harmon House in the country my wife has been using one of my laptops. Being tied to a desk is short of torture for her. ;-) However she is missing having “her” computer to abuse as she pleases. While I have planned this Saturday to be the time set aside for domestic geekdom; Kung Fu sash testing, Christmas parties, and present shopping is trying to derail the planned adventure to geek land. Sunday does offer some possibilities however my schedule does tell me that I have some volunteer board meetings to attend in the early afternoon. So later afternoon and evening looks like when the train to geeksville wil be leaving. Good thing a new bag of espresso beans came home with use from central Pennsylvania this Thanksgiving; because I’ll making good use of them I can tell you. Oh yeah did I mention we might get the first blast of winter weather here in Virginia? Did I also mention that the family has been vocalizing the need to put up Christmas decorations this weekend too?? Who said artists/techies are lazy???

Comments

  1. Wow! You have a long list of things to do. On top of all of that, computer problems? Good luck brother! Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"