Summers at the house are usually a busy time with kids swim team practice and meets. Mini vacations to amusement parks and water parks are the second big items on the list. Summer is pretty much a good time for me to let my creative batteries recharge.
I did however spend some time in the studio composing and recording some music for my daughters animated short she is creating. It was fun working with her on a creative project. There is still more work to be done on the film. I just scored the first couple of minutes to give her an idea what is possible. I was impressed by the fact that she didn't just agree to what I wrote; she listened carefully then politly said that it didn't quite fit with what she was looking for. She then gave me some examples to listen to. Typical director; going for the temp tracks straight away! ;-)

There are some projects taking shape for the near future. One is to continue writing music for Dr. Kathy Gruvers guided meditation recordings. The next one will focus on chakras. Another project that hasn't been locked in yet but in initial talks is having me write a theme for Evans City Pa festivals they have in the fall. The request was for something John Williams-ish that can be played at each of the festivals that they have. While I'm a bit more Zimmer than Williams I said I'd give it a shot.
I'm also working on pulling samples and synths together for my fall music licensing catalog. I like to change up the sounds from year to year so I tend to weed out the synths and sample libraries that I feel I've overused.  I'm planning having a new catalog ready for licensing through Jingle Punks by the end of November.
I already have a head start on this collection because I'll be including two music cues from the theatrical production on Charlottes Web from Spring 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"