Hello Malaysia & Hong Kong/Hololens in the studio?

One of the coolest things about writing music for TV & Film is not only seeing what shows my music is in, but in what countries the shows end up airing in. Sometimes when I stop and think about it; it's really exciting to think about my music being heard in all the different countries.
November marked the first time my music was heard in Hong Kong and Malaysia as part of "Going Deep With David Rees". Hello Malaysia & Hong Kong!! In November I saw continued airing of shows in the United Kingdom, Canada and Brazil. Pretty cool.

Some of you may know that I also work as a technologist. As a technologist I often research new technologies and am tasked with figuring out how that technology might be used in the real world. Lately I have been thinking about augmented reality and how it could be used in music composition. What I am excited about is the potential for VST's (virtual instruments) to become augmented reality objects in a Hololens or something similar. Imagine taking the virtual Moog modular synth off the computer screen and actually have it in your studio. Then use your hands to manipulate the knobs. You would still use your midi controller keyboard and your computer, but the VST interface would be a holographic projection in Hololens. While right now the price of Hololens keep this dream from being a reality for me; with Windows Holographic being baked into the operating system of Windows 10 makes this dream more real in the coming months.

Well that's all for now. Leaves need blown off the lawn, and Christmas decorations need hung.
Until next time....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"