In the studio update...

I've been pretty busy lately. I got an email from Justin at Jingle Punks last Friday that gave me some direction for future music. The Punks will be pitching my music to the History Channel and other clients who are looking for dramatic, and moody music for upcoming shows and promos. So Justin was letting me know more of the dramatic moody stuff from me would be great. Since the weekend was a holiday weekend and family was in town visiting; I didn't get into the studio till Tuesday.

This weeks studio session were more about experimenting with set up rather than actual recording. Although actual recording did happen; it happened purely by accident as I was trying different systems, and blowing dust off of others. I have two complete recording set ups from different era's. I have a Windows set up with tons of software and hardware to match, but it's from 6 to 10 years ago. I also have an Apple rig put together just last year, but it's a mobile laptop based rig. So I've been testing to see which one works the best right now. So far the Apple MacBook Pro based system is working the best because of sheer horsepower. Logic is also very good! However the Windows machine allows me to take advantage of the years of collecting various software synthesizers and effects that would cost me thousands of dollars in the real world AND don't exist for Apple sequencers. Until I can upgrade the Windows side of the studio to a more powerful machine; I'll be using Logic as the main sequencer and then drive the VSTi and DXI synths living in the Windows box with a MIDI feed from Logic through my controllers MIDI out capability. Then record the audio from the Windows box. Ya Savvy? I may not be pretty, but it should work.

On another topic my Moog Prodigy is suffering from a non functioning pitch wheel. Very sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"