Living Dead Festival video score...

As we head into one of my favorite months; I started thinking about last year during October I was up to my faders in horror music. Director/Producer Gary Streiner was putting together a video montage for the 2008 Living Dead Festival in Evans City and asked me to compose some music for it. The video was made up of previously unseen photographs and posters from the movie. We were working long distance and had many late night Skype chats as I composed the music. As with many projects it came down to the wire. He was dealing with getting time in the post house to put the video together as well as new material coming in that he was hoping to shoe horn into the video while I was composing. Usually notes to me were..."Sounds great , but I need a couple more seconds cause we added a new photo to that section" or "We need to shorten the music under the titles because the program doing the titles only has one damned speed!" Gary was great to work with and enjoyed talking shop with him about past projects and of course "Night of the Living Dead". I've worked with directors before as a sound designer in the theater so it didn't surprise me when Gary said one night, "I don't know what I want, but I know what I don't want." I was said when I sent the last audio files in to be added to the video, because I wouldn't be visited by those ghouls again. I did get to play live at the festival as people came and as we all waited for the screening of the film. It was a could night; but I think that made it more memorable. So far I have not been asked to play at the event this year. To be sure I will be thinking about all the freezing ghouls in Evans City Pennsylvania. Here is the video. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Microsoft Surface Video...