Back to work after the Holidays

Today was the first day back at the University after having 14 days off. I wasn't planning on 14 days but with the big snow fall we got in Virginia, I was snowed in for 2 of those days. Of course while everyone in my office was at home; as geeks we checked email, read forums, followed blogs and checked twitter feeds dealing with the latest IT news. So it's not so strange that most of our discussions were about ubiquitous computing, smart homes, tablets, Microsoft Surface and Microsoft's Natal Project. Heck even my meetings today with my supervisors were about Surface and Interactive Computing. Building mobile phone apps has also been put on to my todo list for the new year. All the while visions of the latest Richard K. Morgan novel I'm reading is dancing in my head.

In the studio we're still in set up and bug squashing mode. I set up the Juno 106 up and ran it through Guitar Rig3. Only trouble is that the synth is dieing a slow and ugly death. Lot's of digital dirt living in the circuits. I then thought I would experiment with a virtual version of the 106 I picked up. I then ran it through the same Guitar Rig preset and was impressed with how accurate it was to the original.
I have been evaluating the Reaper sequencer and was happy with it until recently. It started getting buggy and crashed on my several times. So I switched and installed an old version of Sonar that I had laying around and ran it's VST wrapper scan only to find that under Vista, Sonar 3's VST wrapper doesn't work. Thanks! I had a free vst wrapper around here somewhere....hmmmm gotta look for that again.

I'm fighting a possible cold so I'm wrapping this up, drinking plenty of water, and zone out working on the computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"