Winters last grip...so I mix and post.

Winter is planning it last hoorah last night and today here in Virginia. Snow and ice are expected. I was planning on staying home today anyway. Staying home and enjoying a 3 day weekend with the wife and kids as well as some time in the studio/office will nice.

I had a late night session last night til around 2 am. Finished up "Reflections of the Soul". I was having a real tough time finding the right synths and the right sounds, but was able to settle on something deep in folders of Kontakt. I also had some success with a little known simple but spot on synth called A Synth. Ran A Synth through Guitar Rig on the "Tomita Rig" patch I wrote which worked very well. I'm gonna have to remember that.

There is a lot of my time that is being scheduled for non-music projects in the coming spring. My work at the University of Virginia, Harrison Institute will be keeping me busy in the worlds audio/video engineering, and interactive software development. My hope is that there are enough spare neuron sparks left at night to allow for music creation. I have a few tracks that will qualify for a release; but there is also the non-music music business to sort through like posting on websites and internet radio. Currently I am back into the Ambient, Space trip music. I love it! Writing orchestral music is fun, but my heart is in space. I am also revisting algorithmic composition and the results are better than before. By pulling information from various sources and plugging them into formulas like Wolfram for example; I am seeing some very interesting results. There are of course going to be several live to disk recordings scheduled soon as well. These will most likely be in the form of improvised guitar through racks of gear. I'm planning on rebulding my Cyberia era pedal based FX rig, virtually using Guitar Rig 3.

Posted 4 new pieces on http://soundcloud.com/rmreifenstein feel free to check them out.
Latest tracks by rmreifenstein
I also uploaded few tracks to Music Dealers today for inclusion on future submissions for Film, TV and Games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"