Busy July ends with suprise...

July has been a busy month and one that went by at light speed. July was very busy at work. Kaltura video and audio content editing and delivery software has been a tool that is being adopted very rapidly here. Faculty are using in Wordpress sites for their classes, and departments are using it for delivery of content for websites about specific projects. I have been part of the team helping the a a couple of the first "test" cases. Eventually the whole University will be using Kaltura as a piece of the newly designed Collab (Sakai). I finally get to use my 14 years experience in audio production for web delivery. All of the above has made for a lot of meetings! I have also bee involved in getting our telecine machines up and running. I've been leading a team in figuring out what we need to get the telecine operations working. We have a very talented student doing the heavy lifting. After a few phone calls and hours of trial and error we think we are where we need to be to start on some film. If you've never read about how the whole telecine process happens; I would recommend it. It's really interesting and NOT as easy as you'd think.

Next on the list for the Digital Media Lab is to finish getting the new video studio ready for the fall semester. Writing light board presets, setting up audio mixing and recording, and setting up the teleprompter system.

On the music scene, I've got another short film coming to the studio. I mentioned it earlier in a post. Should receive it this week sometime. I finished a remix of a song I wrote for the licensing catalogue. Used some newly learned mastering techniques that really made the mix sound great.

Last but definitely not least; my Brother and his Wife welcomed their first child into this world. We are all excited! My Wife and I packed the kids up and traveled the 300+ miles to Pittsburgh to see my new Nephew, Luke. Then spent the night at my Mother in Law's and travelled back to Charlottesville. 600 miles in 48 hours! Whew!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"