Autumn brings new music and new shows.

We are deep into Autumn here in Central Virginia. Leaves have turned color and most trees have completely lost their leaves by now. Autumn has always been a time of creativity for me. I'm not sure why. It might be the cold weather giving me a good reason to stay in my cozy, warm family home, brew coffee and spend time in the studio. What ever the reason this Fall has been no exception.

Since August I've been working on the Autumn collection of music to add to my Jingle Punks catalogue. Many of these pieces were from the play list of new music that I performed at the 2013 Living Dead Festival in Evans City Pa.  I've been making various alternative mixes to include in the catalogue. It's important to make various mixes for production music so as to allow for different passages and or instrumentation to come into the foreground and thus change the feel and character. It also can allow for easier editing for a show. One thing that has changed with the latest music is that I've not used any of the usual virtual synths from the past. Actually I've not transferred any of the VSTi's into my latest composing system. I've been using my sample library which is largely comprised of orchestral, and other real world instruments. Any synth sounds that I might want will come from sampling my own hardware like the Moog, Roland and synths in the studio. My plan is to have these tracks mixed, mastered and available for productions through Jingle Punks sometime before Christmas.

On the subject of productions that I have music in; the short film "DayPlanner of the Dead" which I composed and recorded the score for, has done really well on the film festival circuit. It won Best Short Film of 2013 from the Genesee Academy of Film among other notable awards from other festivals as well. It's also enjoying some great reviews. I couldn't be happier for Grindley Studio, John, Dean and everyone involved. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of it!

A few new TV shows have my music them. Carson Daly, and a WWE Special in the UK join the list which already included Oddities San Francisco, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Too Cute, Abandoned, and Turn Around King.

Currently there aren't any productions in the studio; however there are a few projects on the horizon that will probably float in after the holidays. I can't say too much about the projects right now because all the details and schedules haven't been solidified. I'll talk more about them once I know I can.

That's all from the RoundStone Cottage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"