New songs added to the Player!

I’ve been working on my Fall 2014 additions to my Jingle Punks catalogue. I’ve also been including the Roland GR1 guitar synthesizer in my set up in the studio. I used it a lot in the past for performance and recording; but since I’ve started composing for TV and Film I haven’t been using it as much. I find however that it’s a good way to get a fresh take on a new piece or get me out of a writing rut. I've been a guitarist for over 30 years and playing keyboard for only half that time. I think I'm a much better composer with a guitar in my hands. My hope is the update to the catalogue can be ready by Thanksgiving of 2014. In the meantime I have uploaded 2 songs from my Winter 2014 update and they are available in the player at the top of the page.
Moonless 1st movement is the first part of a three part piece written for piano, violin, and bass. It has moments of suspense and sorrowful violin phrases. There is a version of the piece arranged for an orchestra; however I wasn’t completely convinced that it worked with a whole orchestra. Maybe someday I’ll work out the kinks and release it.
Ivory Hall altmix 1 is as you can guess is the alternative mix to the original. I didn’t post the original because once I did the remix, I never felt the original was as good. Ivory Hall was influenced by all the Juno Reactor stuff I was listening to during 2013. I’ve been a Juno Reactor fan since Shango. Since then I’ve been listening to all of Juno Reactors music. The latest The Golden Sun of the Great East is a great album.
Both Moonless and Ivory Hall are available for licensing through Jingle Punks. Follow the Jingle Punks link to the right for more information.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"