My Dad, Living Dead Festival CD, and morning spotting session with Gary Streiner

Last night my Dad called to talk about all the interviews that he and Gary Streiner has been giving in Pittsburgh concerning the Living Dead Festival. Seems like all the news outlets are waiting till the last minute to cover the story. I talked to him about the possibility of a "Living Dead Festival" music CD. I would like it to come out by the first of the year. I wrote a lot of music for the Festival, but not all of it will see the light of day. 
Speaking of music for the festival; Gary Skyped me into the beginning of the spotting session for the Night of the Living Dead retrospective video. There most likely won't be a lot of separate cues for the video. Basically one big cue with swells and instruments coming in and out for punching up certain images. I should get picture tonight then score it over the weekend. My goal is to have something to send to the post house and Gary on Monday morning. I took last night off from the studio since I won't have picture till tonight. Tonight is "Movie Night" at the house so tomorrow will be the first chance in the studio. I already have the basic track completed. I'll add the additional instruments like the theremin, organ and additional strings. I may play with treating the the audio so it sounds less pristine. 
Now for something completely different...I found an interesting mention of music I composed for a play in Pittsburgh that was performed in 1998. The show then went on to perform in New York. It has since become an opera. I'm not sure how much of my original music was used a "jumping off point", but I do know that there is mention that the new music is guitar with two flutes. My music was just guitar and synthesizer...maybe some flute....hmmm seems I need to go back and listen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"