Night of the Living Dead retrospective video score...

Since Sunday I've been pulling some late nights (2 am) finishing up the score for the video that will be shown Friday at the 40th Anniversary screening of the Night of the Living Dead. There were some challenges surrounding hitting the right feel for the various sections of the video; but in all I eventually got where I needed to be. I tried out some new soundfonts. One in particular is a fabulous Orchestra patch that I converted into an EXS24 patch. Great keyboard mapping. I think it really helped put 2 of the pieces for the video right where they needed to be. Gary asked if I would play on Friday night before the show. So I'll be dragging along my small rig. Just the M-Audio keyboard and the laptop. Was thinking of bringing the Juno for some of it's great FX but since it will be 40 degrees and outside...I'll stick with the mobile digital set up. After this weekend I'm taking the week off from the studio. I'll miss working on the Living Dead Festival music, but there are others on deck like the Evans City Historical Society DVD and the Edgar Allen Poe exhibit in the spring at the University of Virginia. I also am releasing a Living Dead Festival CD Vol 1. I also want to create some soundtrack libraries. Very busy but the good kind of busy. If your in Pittsburgh and looking for something to do Halloween night come hear me play and watch the ONLY official 40th Anniversary Screening of the Night of the Living Dead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"