"Amelia" soundtrack...

April 21

“Amelia” soundtrack in the studio…

Started working on the soundtrack for my brothers film “Amelia” this weekend. The title track started a little slow. The music I had written before the session sounded forced. I kept “plunking” away at it and eventually came up with a lovely yet haunting 3/4 piece that worked very well. Chris said it sounded “exactly like what I was hearing in my head!”

Monday’s session was the start of the underscore recording. The film has no dialogue. It’s all voice over so the music is constant and helps support the action. So I wrote and recorded about 2 minutes of music in about 4 hours! Some of the cues are as short as 8 seconds; yet contain a dozen tracks. i got to have some fun with one cue that features Amelia finding the magic dragon statue. I thought synthesizers would convey the idea that this thing had magic. I wanted it to be mysterious sounding but not scary. It was a fine line, however it turned out very well. Chris again was very happy and asked if I was in his head when he shot the scene because that’s the type of stuff he again was hearing in his head. I guess that what happens when brothers work together. We have the same reference points in our lives. The same movies, and life experiences.

Sessions all this week for the film; so I’m confident the soundtrack should be complete by Friday.

I recieved my copy of the Healing Circle Message DVD yesterday. The music fit nicely and complemented the over all feel of the DVD. I am always concerned about my music being “in the way”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"