March Madness

It's been very busy at Reifenstein House. My kids are involved in a local stage play, as well as a few sports teams. Seems like rehearsals and practices are coming together as a perfect storm, fighting for time. But the play is a good thing and gives the kids a chance to experience that which was a big part of my life over ten years ago. At one time theater production was my main focus outside music. As fate would have it have also gotten involved by agreeing to be the sound designer and engineer. Of course that's not all that's going on.
I am currently writing and recording music for a meditation series by award winning author and leading authority on health and wellness issues Dr. Kathy Gruver. I've known Kathy since college and have composed music for her for some of her other projects. I like the project because it allows me really dive deep into slow evolving and layered synthesizer patches. Something I always have enjoyed creating.
Of course I am continuing to work on new production music material to add to my Jingle Punks catalogue. My enthusiasm for writing new material got a real boost when I found out that I had some nice sized cues in NFL on FOX during one of the 2013 football broadcasts, and MTV series Wait Till Next Year Ep. 3 "Flirting at White Castle" has a nice chunk of my music in as well.
On the music technology front I've been exploring the use of convolution in FX. I've been playing with reverb impulses and guitar cabinet impulses. Both instances are capable of creating extremely accurate and realistic results. I'm experimenting with some open source software with these impulses. I continue to be impressed and surprised with the quality of some of the audio open source projects out there. Some truly do come very close to rivalling high priced "pro" software.
As March prepares for it's final days I look forward to kids plays, studio time and warmer days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in the Studio

Silverlight media creation

Scoring short film "Dayplanner of the Dead"